Livestock Organic - LivOrg
Design and testing new frameworks for the transfer and recognition of organic livestock management skills in Europe
ERIFO - Entre per la
Lifelong Learning Programme: LEONARDO DA VINCI Multilateral Projects for Development of innovation
Important news for new and aspiring entrepreneurs in the field of organic farming! EkoConnect supports up to three entrepreneurs during the application process in the EU program Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs and helps to organise the stay at another company in another European country. read more
- 01/2016: 5th Newsletter
- 11/2015: Final project meeting in Tartu, Estonia
- 11/2015: 5th project meeting in Tartu, Estonia
- 10/2015: Seminar: Organic Farming in vocational educational training
- 10/2015: 4th Newsletter
- 08/2015: 2nd E-brochure
- 07/2015: 4th Project meeting in Chania, Greece
- 05/2015: 3rd Newsletter
- 02/2015: 3rd Project meeting in Dresden, Germany
- 02/2015: End of the German Pilot Course "Practitioner in Organic Livestock Management"
- 10/2014: 1st E-brochure
- 09/2014: 2nd Newsletter
- 09/2014: Start of the German Pilot Course "Practitioner in Organic Livestock Management" in Dresden in collaboration with the University of Cooperative Education Saxony - Dresden State Academy and Gaea e.V.
- 07/2014: 2nd Project meeting in Valladolid, Spain
- 06/2014: LivOrg at the 9th Organic Marketing Forum in Warsaw
- 03/2014: 1st Newsletter
- 01/2014: 1st Project meeting in Rome, Italy
- Increase the awareness of organic livestock management to meet the sector and policymakers needs in the EU improving the system to be competitive with conventional processes.
- Extend the sector skills alliance activities reinforcing the effective cooperation between organic famers and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver a specific-sector curriculum with a stronger package of “VET“ Units in organic livestock management, strongly connected with EQF and ECVET system.
- Improve the quality of training systems through the development of innovative contents, methods and procedures within VET system.
- Creation of a pilot VET curriculum for organic livestock production. This will be modular curriculum and available in different versions for different target groups.
- Design and implementation of a pilot training course of 80 hours in all partner country, with the aim of testing the developed curricula
- Form a "focus group organic livestock" in each partner country with stakeholders from businesses and educational institutions to discuss the actions and results of the project.
Development of counseling methods to support entry of members of ethnic minorities into organic livestock production.
- Development of an evaluation system to measure the results of training and education that is based on the European evaluation standards in education (EQARF).
- Development of a compendium on educational content and evaluation results.
- Realise a workshop in each of the 6 project partner countries to present the project results and the explain of the curricula.
- Creation of videos for the presentation and dissemination of the developed training programms in the languages of the project partners.
- Creation of a "fan page" for social networks to inform young people, students, teachers, interested citizens on organic livestock production.
The following results of the LivOrg project can be downloaded here:
- Pilot VET curriculum for organic livestock production. This is a modular curriculum and can be adapted to the needs of different target groups.
- educational content for the different training units:
- Trainingsunit 1: Animal health - Disease prevention and alternative treatment methods
- Trainingsunit 2: Feeding and Housing systems in organic livestock production
- Trainingsunit 3: Organic Certification
- Trainingsunit 4: Health and Safety Rules
- Videos for presentation and dissemination of the developed training programms in each partner country